Martha and I made a quick visit to Susan’s in Austin last week. While there I bought a pair of yoga pants at Lululemon. It’s a store that sells fitness wear. All of the sales personnel are young and very fit! (Probably a requirement to work there.)
My purchase was put in a very nice bag which I’m sure is covered in the price of the garments. I didn’t pay much attention to the messages on the bag until I got home but found there’s some pretty good advice given:
- A daily hit of athletic-induced endorphins gives you the power to make better decisions, help you be at peace with yourself and offsets stress.
- Friends are more important than money.
- Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself.
- Drink fresh water and as much water as you can. Fresh water flushes toxins from your body and keeps your brain sharp
- Write down two personal, two business and two health goals for the next 1, 5 and 10 years. Do this four times a year. Goal setting triggers your subconscious computer.
- Practice yoga so you can remain active in physical sports as you age.
- Creativity is maximized when you’re living in the moment.
- Don’t trust that an old age pension will be sufficient!
You just never know where you may discover a pearl of wisdom. I think I’ll go get a glass of water and write down a few goals!–Then I’ll call a friend.